Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday Night May 26,2011


I already spoke about the breakfast at the hotel so I will just jump into it.
Today we tackled the metro(and mastered it). We took the metro to Gaudi Casa Mila.




The line was really long and we started getting a sunburn but it was worth the wait. The pictures are self explanatory.
The best part was the view from the roof. I really wanted to go back at night to take photos of the roof because I bet it would have been unreal.
Gaudi would design buildings by hanging chains upside down. They had a huge mirror
to show what the building would actually look like. I just liked the people's reflections.
The Gaudi house is actually an apartment complex that people live in.




After Gaudi, we went to this Rick Steve spot for lunch. A small hidden café place. As usual we didn’t what the menu said but we knew there was a lunch special. 

I had a spring roll salad to start


Tuna for the main course

Mom's chicken....we split everything on the entire trip

My flan. She got a piece of cake that was yum
We each got something and split it. Salad, entrée, dessert. 

We then went back to the hotel to rest before the Picasso museum.

6:30 we get there and it is over rated. Mom wanted to go so we did. On the plus side we happened to be in a beautiful part of town so after the museum was nice.
Beautiful bowl that mom was obsessed with that we decided we would get on the
return trip. It was gone when we came back :(
We went to a little clothing shop and I bought a beautiful orange top. We wanted some pastaries or chocolate or something but by the time we got out of the store everything was closed. We just sort of strolled around town a bit. The weather has been perfect. Not humid at all. My back and feet are starting to hurt. I know its only a matter of time before I break out the running shoes and trade in my cute sandals. 

We head back to the rambles atound 9:30 searching for something to narsh on. We found a young local spot where they were dishing out pizzas to tons of kids my age. 
Las Ramblas at night

out front of the pizza joint

Just the sky 

We got two slices and a brownie and headed back to the hotel. We ate the pizza with the red pepper we got from the market the other day.

I have my photo class tomorrow and I am really excited J

No comments:

Post a Comment